Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cinderella Girls Day

Earlier today, Rosemary and I went to see the ballet Cinderella. We were both very excited. I saw the Nutcracker for the first time with my aunt when I was about Rosemary’s age, so it was fun to take her to her first real ballet.

DSC00899

We got a quick picture with Ben before heading out. Ben was enjoying some chocolate birthday cake from Wyatt’s birthday party that we’d been to earlier that morning.

Rosemary and I arrived at the Phillip’s Center over an hour before the show started because we needed to pick up our tickets and I had been warned that if we didn’t get there early, we might not even get in. She waited very patiently in line before we were able to go in and find our seats. Almost as soon as we got there we saw a few people that we knew. In the end, we ran into over 10 people we knew! We can’t go anywhere in Gainesville without seeing friends!

DSC00901

The ballet was fun and I think Rosemary really enjoyed it. I was so proud of her. Although there was some squirming, she did great for sitting and watching the ballet for over 2 hours. She sat on my lap for most of it and the baby was kicking so much, Rosemary could feel it. We decided she must have been dancing to the music.

After the show, we went to meet all the princesses.

DSC00904

While waiting in line to go into the performance, Rosemary was given this poster. She asked all the princesses to sign it for her…she just walked by any princes that were there.

DSC00906

Meeting Cinderella and her prince

DSC00907

The wicked stepmother

DSC00908

One of the wicked stepsisters

DSC00909

The ice princess

DSC00910

The fairy godmother

DSC00915

A very happy little girl!

No comments: