Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Conversations with Rosemary

Recently, Rosemary’s started asking some really good (and sometimes pretty big) questions. In addition to “Is Santa real?” we’ve gotten quite a few theological questions, “How old is God?” “When was God born?” and “Does God have long or short hair?” as well as some regarding what heaven will be like. For instance, yesterday she asked me if there would be statues in heaven after she saw one of St Sebastian and all his arrows.

Today’s question, however, brought tears to my eyes. Today she asked if there would be phones in heaven. I told her I didn’t think so because we wouldn’t really need them. This made her very sad and when I asked why she responded with, “How am I going to talk to you then when I miss you and you’re in heaven?” Wow.

Later today, she had me cracking up though. We did our Publix run and the kids did great. The high schooler who helped us out to the car said that kids like this made him want to have kids when he’s older. I was praising Rosemary and Ben about their behavior and told them what he’d said. Rosemary smiled then said, “Well, he’s gonna have to get married first.” Glad that lesson’s sinking in. :-)

1 comment:

The Williams family said...

Aww, this post makes me sad and excited to see Landon at that age. Rosemary is such a wise and sweet girl- just like her mommy!