Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Nutcracker

It was my turn in December to plan our co-op field trip so in keeping with the season, we planned to attend the school performance of The Nutcracker. Since it’s the school performance, it’s an abridged version of the ballet and only an hour long. There were about 25 of us from our co-op that attended. I’d love to go back and see the full ballet with Rosemary. I saw The Nutcracker for the first time when I was about Rosemary’s age with my Aunt Edith and remember it as a very special event.

Last week, Rosemary and I headed to the Phillip’s Center while Ben and Charlotte spent the morning with Emily.

DSC03507

We were there early so we snapped a few photos

DSC03509

Being silly waiting for the show to start.

DSC03510

But she did indulge me and smile sweetly for one.

We ended up pretty far back but could still see fairly well. They won’t seat your group until everyone is there but thankfully we were able to see.

We had a wonderful time and would love to go back next year.

No comments: