Benjamin had his two week check-up today and he's up to 8 lbs. 11 oz.--that's 13 ounces in 10 days--and doing well. This boy is an eater. He's also a pretty good sleeper. I've been getting about 4 hours straight at least once a night with him and I've found the perfect way to make late night feedings bearable--youtube. (With Rosemary, I had tried reading but couldn't manage to hold the baby and a book so I watched the news--about 8 times a day it seemed). This time, I've thoroughly enjoyed Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South (thanks to Lark for the recommendation) and Becoming Jane over the past few nights. Since clips typically are less than 10 minutes, it's easier to make my way back to bed at the end of 2 or 3 segments than if I had to stop a movie. As strange as it seems, I think I actually look forward to the middle of the night feedings this way.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
"My Baby Ben"
That's what Rosemary calls her little brother when she introduces him to people. He's "my baby Ben." She's really doing well adjusting to having a baby in the family. I'm not sure that she understands the permanence yet, but thankfully she's generally pretty gentle with him.

Benjamin had his two week check-up today and he's up to 8 lbs. 11 oz.--that's 13 ounces in 10 days--and doing well. This boy is an eater. He's also a pretty good sleeper. I've been getting about 4 hours straight at least once a night with him and I've found the perfect way to make late night feedings bearable--youtube. (With Rosemary, I had tried reading but couldn't manage to hold the baby and a book so I watched the news--about 8 times a day it seemed). This time, I've thoroughly enjoyed Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South (thanks to Lark for the recommendation) and Becoming Jane over the past few nights. Since clips typically are less than 10 minutes, it's easier to make my way back to bed at the end of 2 or 3 segments than if I had to stop a movie. As strange as it seems, I think I actually look forward to the middle of the night feedings this way.
Benjamin had his two week check-up today and he's up to 8 lbs. 11 oz.--that's 13 ounces in 10 days--and doing well. This boy is an eater. He's also a pretty good sleeper. I've been getting about 4 hours straight at least once a night with him and I've found the perfect way to make late night feedings bearable--youtube. (With Rosemary, I had tried reading but couldn't manage to hold the baby and a book so I watched the news--about 8 times a day it seemed). This time, I've thoroughly enjoyed Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South (thanks to Lark for the recommendation) and Becoming Jane over the past few nights. Since clips typically are less than 10 minutes, it's easier to make my way back to bed at the end of 2 or 3 segments than if I had to stop a movie. As strange as it seems, I think I actually look forward to the middle of the night feedings this way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a sweet picture! must be such a blessing to have her adjusting so well!
Post a Comment