Saturday, June 28, 2008

Morningside Nature Park

We decided to brave the heat and humidity and go out to Morningside Nature Park for a bit this morning and see the animals. I think this might have been the first time Rosemary saw a cow and she was very excited. She also got to see sheep, pigs, and chickens. It was a nice diversion despite the weather.

Rosemary was anxious to get in the "barn." It was really just walking through the gate.


Rosemary and Grandma W. The roomies have thoroughly enjoyed their time together this past week and a half.
Meeting the cow. She even got to hear it "Moo" several times.

The sheep weren't quite as exciting as the cow, but fun to see nonetheless. We rounded the corner in hopes of seeing the pigs, which had captured Rosemary's interest. We didn't get a very good glimpse. I think that because it was so hot, the pigs weren't up much for entertaining. Can't say that I blame them. :-)

Checking out the old house.
A family pic outside of the kitchen.


Before leaving we had to make sure to visit the cow again.

This afternoon while Rosemary napped, my mom and I went out to the mall to pick up going home outfits for the baby...one for a girl and one for a boy. Afterwards mom treated me to a pedicure and a Double Chocolaty Chip frappuccino (my favorite indulgence while pregnant and one of the positives to being overdue...I can drink more fraps without feeling too guilty. Once the baby arrives those will need to go).

It was a great afternoon. We even made it back to the house before Rosemary got up from her nap. Tonight we went out for dinner then enjoyed our Saturday night of Lawrence Welk. Rosemary danced away.

2 comments:

Whitlocks said...

Glad you are still feeling good and braving the heat. Keep up the walking, maybe it will help start something!
-Katie

Ash said...

I love Jersey cows! They are my favorite breed. Rosemary sure knows a good breed of cow when she sees one!