The last few years, Jonathan has attended a national conference with the Registrar’s Office. (Two years ago we went to New Orleans, last year he went to Seattle). This year, the conference was held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and as it worked out, the dates fell during the week of our Spring Break so I was able to go along this year too. Neither of us had visited Philadelphia before, so we were really looking forward to the trip.
Things looked pretty iffy about a week before we were to leave when Charlotte came down with a fever. It came and went over a 10 day period, jumping up to 104.9 at one point. I had pretty much come to terms with the fact that I wouldn’t be going knowing that if I did and she wasn’t better, my thoughts would always be on her. But thankfully, the day before we were to leave town, the fever broke. So with our doctor’s blessing, we took the kids to Jonathan’s parents and boarded a plane to head up north.
We arrived in Philadelphia on Saturday in the early afternoon and it was chilly! We bundled up in our fleeces and took a taxi to our hotel, the Downtown Marriot. We checked in, dropped off our luggage, and headed right back out to go to the Independence Visitors Center.
After getting some info at the visitors center, we headed for an early-ish dinner at City Tavern. It’s a reconstructed building, but still was pretty fun.
We ate in one of the rooms on the first floor.
I ordered a pork chop but the waiter made sure to let me know that it was, in fact, ham. So I had ham, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. It was great. (Be ready, we took a lot of pictures of our food!) We ate so much while we were gone.
Jonathan had turkey pot pie. It was so good too!
After dinner, we headed back to the hotel.
No comments:
Post a Comment