We had a few things left to wrap up on our last day in Philadelphia.
Jonathan once again had early sessions so I finished up getting ready and packing then watched Becoming Jane. When he was done, we met up then took the subway a few stops south on Broad so that we could go to Pat’s King of Steaks where the Philly Cheesesteak was created.
I completely blew how I was supposed to order my steak and only because Jonathan said something quickly was I spared the onions. You’ve got to order fast and you don’t need to be polite at Pat’s. And you’ve got to have cash. Thank goodness Jonathan was there.
I got mine Wit-out, Whiz. (That’s without onions, with cheese whiz…doesn’t that sound awful?)
Jonathan’s was Wit, provolone, peppers, and mushrooms.
Thoroughly enjoying his Philly Cheesesteak…finally!
There’s Pat’s in the background, just a little place on the corner with only outdoor seating. We were there after the lunch rush and it was still very busy.
When we got back into Center City, we walked down Market to Declaration House. It’s a reconstruction of the house that Jefferson rented some rooms in when he wrote the Declaration.
From there, we stopped by a Philadelphia Museum. I had hoped to get to the Dream Garden mural, but we just ran out of time and I didn’t have the address with me the day I was over in that area. Otherwise, we pretty much packed as much of Philadelphia into those few days as we possibly could and saw all that we wanted to see.
We took a taxi back to the airport and were flying home right on time that night. Our kids were asleep when we got in, but it was great to see them in the morning! We were so thankful for Janice and Richard watching them so that we could go. We had such a fun time.
No comments:
Post a Comment