Monday, November 21, 2011

Two Little Indians (well, one isn’t quite so little)

Last week, Ben celebrated his Thanksgiving Feast with his friends at his preschool. Richard and Janice were in town to help me get Ben to speech and watch Charlotte while Rosemary and I were at our homeschool co-op. I missed the feast, but from what Ben said, it sounded like it was fun. And he sure made a cute little Indian!

DSC03264

He was so proud of his vest, headband, and necklace.

DSC03267

Sweet boy.

And while Ben was dressed up as an Indian, I was too…just one from a different continent.

DSC03263

It was my turn to do the co-op lesson and I taught on India. I have really amazing friends and they let me borrow some clothes, tools, and other items from India that they had to use as a part of the lesson. I even made the kids eat curried chicken and rice with their hands. I think the biggest hit was the Darjeeling tea and sugar cubes. The kids literally ate the sugar cubes directly off the plate. I tried one and it was so gross! But it was so fun to put the lesson together and teach the class and I think the kids enjoyed it too.

No comments: