Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Preschool Mother’s Day Party

Today was Rosemary’s Mother’s Day party at school. All moms and grandmas were invited so both my mom and Jonathan’s mom drove up to Gainesville to be a part of the day.

It started out with a program up in the music room. The last school program at Christmas didn’t go so well. Rosemary just stood there and smiled. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect today.

Well, she didn’t sing the first song, but she sure sang…and danced…for the rest. It was great! I was really proud of her. And at the end she gave the cutest little curtsy.

100_8387 Getting ready to sing with her class.

I had planned to take my mom and Janice out to lunch to the Ivy House, but it ended up that Rosemary’s class provided lunch for all the moms and grandmas (and the younger ones like Ben too!). We sat down and Rosemary brought us each a plate of food and a glass of punch. She was quite eager to serve. After we all got our plates, she went and got one of her own.

Rosemary was so proud that her grandmas were there at her school.

100_8389 Our happy little girl

One of the things that the class did for the moms was a little ‘fill-in-the-blanks’ about each of the moms. Here is Rosemary’s. Her answers are in bold.

My Mom’s name is Ms. Julie. She is 20 years old and has black eyes and brown hair. Her favorite food is soup. I love my mom because I give her hugs. Because I kiss her too. I like to climb the tree with mom and play inside with my toys. I like to give her flowers.

They also made recipe books. Here is Rosemary’s recipe for Tomato Soup.

10 Tomatoes

10 c milk

0 salt

0 sugar

Cook 5 minutes in pan

Since we ate lunch at the school, we decided to go and get dessert at Cracker Barrel. While we were there, we gave each grandma their Mother’s Day gift. I didn’t take a photo of the finished product, but the photos we used are below. The only difference is that they were in a 3-photo matted frame. That last picture was a toughie!

No comments: