My mom and I made this picket-fence headboard. My mom found the instructions here and we modified them slightly to make this one. For the bolster pillow, I just sewed a new pillowcase for a bolster that we already had.
I painted these three canvases for the wall to complement the flowers and butterflies on the comforter.
For the curtains, we'd originally hung the panels that coordinated with the comforter set, but panels just didn't seem to work in the room. My mom found these simple pink valances and I had the pink polka dot ribbon that I ironed on at the bottom.These butterflies hang from the ceiling directly above Rosemary's bed so this is what she sees when she wakes up in the morning. When the fan is on, they flutter. :-)
Rosemary helped with this one. She and I "painted" the letter, which really meant decoupaging. We just piled on the modge podge, let it dry, trimmed it up, then repeated for the different layers. She is a very helpful little crafter and since she was involved in this part, I think it's one of her favorite parts of her room.
This wall is still a work-in-progress.
I found the 3 wooden flowers at a garage sale for $0.25 each. My mom made the rose quilt on top for Rosemary after she was born. Then on the shelf she has her Minnie Mouse hat and Disney picture, as well as a few other things that are special to her.
I covered these cork pieces because I wanted to have a place to display Rosemary's artwork. I think I may move them lower, but I'm happy with how they turned out. The other wall tile was from a MOPS craft. It's made out of a ceiling tile then I painted the R and the flowers on it.
A few of my friends from MOPS had made picket growth charts last year as one of the crafts. Since I was going to be buying pickets for the headboard anyway, I thought it would be fun to make one for Rosemary too. So I completely stole this idea from them and made one of our own.
Rosemary is not the easiest name to find on a pencil or toothbrush. I only find her name in the garden section...and that's what happened here. I had picked this up awhile ago and had it in her nautical nursery. It didn't really go, but it had her name on it. Now, it's perfect for her butterfly/garden room and is a great holder for her hairbows and accessories.
Rosemary also has a butterfly net that hangs from the ceiling at the other end of her dresser. Unfortunately, it's come out of the ceiling--twice. So I have to get a better anchor to withstand a two-year old who loves to play in the netting and twirl around. Once I get it back up (maybe before the baby comes, we'll see) I'll add that picture too.
3 comments:
You are SO creative!!! I still haven't finished Evan's room. He's 9 months old now...maybe I should do something with it.
Wow, are you good! I don't know how you manage to get it all done having Rosemary and another on the way...
PS - Think of where we were 8 years ago today...eating Gelato and probably exploring places in Rome that our moms would have flipped out if they knew we were there...
-Paul
This is a beautiful room. It looks like it was a lot of fun to set up, and that it will be a lot of fun for Rosemary.
Post a Comment