Monday, April 21, 2008

Rosemary's big girl bed

Late Friday night we pretty much finished up Rosemary's new room so on Saturday she moved into her new bed. We'd been working on the room for a few weeks and she spent a lot of time in there with me. She even helped with moving her toys and books and we talked about how it was going to be her new room and her new bed.

We put her down for her nap and she fussed a bit--but I think that was more because she was still excited about her mid-day bath. Eventually she calmed down and fell sound asleep (with her head facing the foot of the bed), without getting out of the bed once. When she woke up, she called for us and we went and got her up. We were so proud! And I think she is quite proud of her bed. We had the Gailey's over for dinner tonight and as soon as Bob came in, Rosemary wanted to show him her "new bed."

After she got up from that first nap we were in her old room getting a few things and she noticed that the bedrail wasn't on the toddler bed. She looked at me and said worriedly, "My bed's broken. Fix it."


Sleeping soundly.

2 comments:

Whitlocks said...

Her room looks great!Glad the transition to the big girl bed is going smoothly.
-Katie

Ash said...

Wow...I love the headboard!!! Did you guys make it? It has the same pickets as our fence. I also LOVE the picture you have on the side of your blog with the caption "on the go." I think that is good enough to win a photo contest. The shadows on the walk in front of her, how it is off center, but still caotures your attention to the important parts...You really should enter it somewhere...maybe the state fair or something...or I am sure there is a photo contest going on at any given time in Gainesville. Hope to see you in a week or so, May 4th for sure at church?