Sunday, September 14, 2014

Washington, DC & The Great Smoky Mountains–Day 6-Laurel Falls Hike

On Friday, we got up, ate some breakfast, and got ready for our day. Getting ready was certainly more interesting on this camping trip than on others that we’ve taken. One of my requirements for camping is that where we are staying must have flush toilets and hot showers. Elkmont has flush toilets. No showers. So…to make this work, I was able to shower in the Roadtrek. It was an exciting experience, and I ended up clean every morning.

So, after getting ready, we made our way to Laurel Falls to hike.

DSC00122

DSC00123

DSC00125

Charlotte was my hiking buddy. She made it up the entire trail on her own two little legs.

DSC00127

A view of the Smokies from the trail.

DSC00131

We made it to Laurel Falls!

DSC00132

DSC00134

IMG_0654

IMG_0656

IMG_0657

IMG_0660

Ian and Charlotte walked part of the way down like this. It started raining near the end of the trail. I don’t think we can go camping where it at least doesn’t rain a few drops.

DSC00137

Enjoying the campfire.

No comments: