I feel it would be remiss to go through the entire summer without any mention of our local YMCA. We spent so much time there this summer. We watched our kids blossom in their swimming skills and all just thoroughly enjoyed the membership. We swam in the day, at night, took advantage of the gym (and the childcare), and Rosemary did a gymnastics class. Some weeks we swam almost every day. And it’s just a few minutes from the house.
As Rosemary and Ben’s swimming skills improved, so did my confidence in taking the three kids swimming on my own. Earlier in the summer I would drop Charlotte off in childcare, but when Rosemary was big enough to take her swim test I decided to see if I could handle all three. And it worked out! It was also nice that there were two lifeguards on duty so I really was never alone.
Relaxing a bit before heading home.
And a few pics from Rosemary’s last gymnastics class.
I could see an improvement in her gymnastic skills over the summer. And it was fun to take them during a summer Olympic year.
No comments:
Post a Comment