Happy 1 month birthday, Charlotte!
February 10, 2011
As we expected, this first month has flown by. We've been so thankful for the friends and family who've helped us transition to a family of five. This transition so far has been a bit harder than the last. Just getting out the door is much more of an adventure (I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get all three kids in the car without one of them running around a parking lot) but it's been fun. Life has been full. Not really busy, but very full.
Charlotte has proven to be another great baby. When she was 12 days old though she caught her big brother's cold so Jonathan and I got to tag team sitting up with her through the night so she could breath. It's the first time with any of our kids that we've ever stayed up all night with one. I thought it would throw off her night time sleep, but thankfully we were able to get back on track. By the end of the month she was just getting up once a night and giving us about 4-5 hour stretches of sleep. The night she turned a month old she slept from 11pm to 6am. Can't complain about that! We did move her out of our room and to her crib just after she hit 3 weeks, so that's helped.
During the day she's been a happy baby and sleeps good stretches then too, even napping for about 2-3 hours when Ben and Rosemary nap so I'm getting a bit of break to rest as well. She's a great eater and has done well with the bottle too when I've needed to be away.
Charlotte attended church for the first time when she was just shy of 3 weeks old and our friends Katie and Jimmy were in town. She slept most of the service in Jonathan's arms.
She got to go to Rosemary's fifth birthday party. She wore a little tutu and everything, but spent most of the party snoozing in Grandma P's arms.
1 comment:
So glad your first month with Charlotte went well. Jovie doesn't even sleep 11 to 6 and she is 4 months old. Go Charlotte! I am way jealous.
-Katie
Post a Comment