Charlotte’s first week has flown by. My mom spent the first week with us and now Jonathan is taking a week of paternity leave before I attempt to fly solo with the kids next week. Mom took care of us. She left us with lots of food, clean laundry, and a super clean house, all while keeping up with Rosemary and Ben. What did I do that first week? Well, I was pretty lazy attempting to catch up on sleep and start to feel like a normal person again. By the time Mom headed home, I did manage to feel a bit more like ‘me.’
Charlotte’s a great eater and a decent sleeper. By the end of week one we’d gotten down to two feedings. She just gets so drowsy when she eats. One night, to wake her up a bit we went ahead and gave her a bath.
A quick sponge bath in the kitchen
And Rosemary isn’t the only one excited to have a baby sister. Ben has proven to be a very loving big brother. It’s so sweet to hear him say ‘baby.’
Charlotte was on her blanket the other day and Rosemary gave her her sheep to ‘play’ with so Ben had to give her Thomas. If you know Ben, you’ll know that’s a big deal. He loves his Thomas.
Loving their baby sister
Charlotte and grandma
Charlotte’s first bottle. Nursing’s going great, this was just so that she learns how to take a bottle too and she did great with it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment