Sunday, January 16, 2011

Charlotte Blythe Peine

On Monday, January 10, 2011, at 4:45 pm we welcomed Charlotte Blythe into the world. Just one day past her due date.

I went in to be induced, however, by the time we were settled in the room I was already having pretty regular contractions at 4 minutes apart. They’d started the night before, but I just kept praying that they’d hold off until we were actually scheduled to go the next day in hopes that I could at least get some sleep…or as much sleep as possible at 40 weeks pregnant. :-)

Everything went pretty smoothly. I did get to experience a bit more of the excitement of labor this time around and Jonathan got to work a bit harder at keeping me calm before the epidural kicked in. At least I learned that my reaction to extreme pain isn’t to curse or yell or anything like that. Apparently my reaction is to apologize to everyone around me for being in pain. But eventually, the pain did go away and we got to meet our little girl.

DSC01065

Proud parents of a darling little one

DSC01054

Charlotte weighed in at 7 lbs., 10 oz. and was 20 inches long.

DSC01059

Our friend Sheyna delivered Charlotte.

DSC01064

Checking out our baby.

DSC01068

DSC01072

DSC01070

A very happy daddy

DSC01071

DSC01075

Tatiana, a nursing student, and Georgine, our nurse

DSC01073

Later that evening, my mom brought Rosemary and Ben to meet their sister.

DSC01078

They arrived right as Charlotte was getting her first bath so she was under the warmer and couldn’t be held right away. The kids did great.

DSC01082

The girls

DSC01083

Meeting Grandma Workmaster once she finally was able to come out from the warmer

DSC01085

Rosemary was copying Charlotte

DSC01092

And the moment that Rosemary had waited months for…she finally got to hold the baby!

No comments: