We continued our adventure of learning about different countries around the world with China this month. After reading The Story About Ping and The Seven Chinese Brothers (and at Rosemary's request, watching Mulan) we picked out a night for our feast. Since I didn't plan on cooking this one, we just went to China Bowl for our meal.
Rosemary requested 'red chicken' (most commonly known as General Tso's) so we got one of those and then some sweet and sour chicken to go along with the fried rice, egg rolls, and the requisite (if not truly 'Chinese') fortune cookies.
The General Tso's had a pretty good kick (for me at least, but I'm a big fan of bland) and Rosemary still enjoyed it.
But they both really enjoyed dipping the sweet and sour chicken. It was a hit.
For dessert, we enjoyed some Chinese fried donuts.
They were super hot, so we ate them off our chopsticks.
Ben stood most of the meal. Pretty sure that most people don't eat their Chinese food at the restaurant so I guess they don't really have a need for high chairs.
So perhaps not the most authentic of meals, but we had a great time. And the kids really enjoyed it.
I think our next stop will be somewhere in Africa. We'll probably try to cook the next one, I don't know of too many authentic African restaurants around. :-)
1 comment:
Yummy! looks like a fun "trip, like always.
Post a Comment