Monday, August 17, 2009

At the Condo

As the summer is winding up, we met up with my parents for our last condo trip before school starts up again for Rosemary and Jonathan.

Saturday, we spent the morning at SeaWorld.

Ben was very into the shows. We're hitting a stage where I wasn't sure whether he would watch or not. He definitely watched. And Rosemary watches every show quite seriously.

Jonathan took Ben up in the ropes while Rosemary played in the splash area. Then we headed back for naps.

That night, Jonathan and I met up with the Pate's for a double date without the kids. We ate fish 'n chips and shepherd's pie at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney then walked to Ghiradelli's for dessert. It was a great evening out with friends.

Sunday we swam most of the morning. It was a great day to be outside. It was pretty warm, but the water felt great. The kids loved swimming. While the kids napped, mom and I hit a few of the outlets. There are so many more shopping options in Orlando than Gainesville.

For dinner, we went to Giordano's for real Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Jonathan ate there when he was in Chicago earlier in the year and when he found out there were a couple Giordano's in Orlando and one was right down the street from where we were staying, we knew we'd be doing dinner there.

Later that night, I met up with Janey and visited with her and Dwayne for a bit and got to see the new house. Jonathan had already gone back to Gainesville, so I went on my own while my parents watched the kids again. We spent one more night then headed home the next day.

1 comment:

JK Williams said...

Looks like a great weekend. We missed you at church though. I know Landon will be excited to play with Ben again!