Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The one that got away...

A few weekends ago, we went to one of UF's Family Fishing Days. Rosemary likes to pretend she's fishing so we thought it would be fun to do. Secretly, I wanted to go because I've never caught a fish. After fishing an hour and a half on a stocked pond, the same is still true. I did get a bite, but the fish managed to break my line (and take the hook and bobber with it) before I could get it in. One of the guys on the pond with us called it a "monster."
Jonathan was teaching Rosemary about her fishing pole.


It was a beautiful day out. A little warm, but still nice.


Rosemary would lose interest in fishing and run around where we were standing. I think she still enjoyed it. Afterwards, they had a free lunch and doorprizes.


Our little setup. Baby Ben slept most of the time in the shade of his stroller.


Rosemary took this picture. I think it might be the first one she's ever taken. Not too bad. It's kind of artsy.

2 comments:

Ash said...

I love the picture she took...I think it could win something at a fair. Just like the one you have of her one her running down the boardwalk. The clouds are just perfect in it. Nice that Ben napped!

Jaime said...

So maybe one day Rosemary can be my assistant! The girl's got talent! :) So cute. I used to work these events when I was a volunteer in the fire service.... wow.