Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Highlights

Our summer is just about over. Jonathan starts back to class next week and Rosemary starts preschool the week after that. It's been a good summer. Here are a few of the highlights for me, in no particular order:

  1. Benjamin's birth. We're blessed with another wonderful baby (who is now sleeping about 8 hours a night). Even the extra time we had to wait for his arrival wasn't bad.
  2. Five Year Anniversary. Jonathan and I celebrated our five year anniversary on July 19. We went to dinner and a movie while my mom watched Rosemary and Benjamin. We plan on doing something more later this year, but it was nice to just have a night out together.
  3. Grandma Time. Both of our moms were so helpful this summer with getting ready for Benjamin's arrival and helping once we were home. The kids are very blessed to have grandmas who care about them so much.
  4. Home time. It's actually felt a little like summer vacation since I was on a short maternity leave. It's nice being home all day with the kids and spending time with Jonathan.
  5. The Olympics. I'm enjoying them so much. We missed the last few since we didn't get NBC, but we haven't really missed a night this time. Going to at least one Olympic event in person is definitely on my bucket list.
  6. Longwood visit. I got to see my brother a few weekends ago and Becky hosted a meet baby Ben shower for my friends in Longwood. It was nice to get away and catch up with family and friends.
  7. Wipe Out. It's a little embarrassing how much Jonathan and I enjoyed this show. I honestly thought that it might send me into labor because I was laughing so hard. I was in tears just about every week.

1 comment:

Whitlocks said...

oh that's so funny we love wipe out too. The Birketts got us hooked. glad you had such a great summer.
-Katie