Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Day 2013 (and a few days after)

Christmas Day 2013 was not a typical Christmas Day for our family. Ben and Charlotte made their way into our room at 7am very excited to open presents. Rosemary, however, was still sick. I asked her if she wanted to open presents or wait and she decided to wait. I knew if she decided to wait she had to feel pretty bad. But our younger two were excited and ready to dive in so they took turns opening gifts.

DSC08395

Ben was excited about his Chick HIcks. This was the one he’d guessed the day before, although it was blue instead of green.

DSC08396

A little Spot for Charlotte. She loves Spot right now.

DSC08397

A plane from Planes.

DSC08399

A microphone.

DSC08400

A soccer goal

DSC08401

This proved to be a hit. It’s little reusable coloring book – it’s like paint with water, but when the water dries, you can paint the same page again.

DSC08404

The cargo plane that Ben requested

DSC08407

Rapunzel

DSC08408

Lego book

DSC08411

Charlotte’s guitar

DSC08413

She knew just what to do.

DSC08414

A Titanic coloring book

DSC08416

Settlers of Catan for Jonathan

DSC08417

Opening their stockings.

DSC08418

Rosemary opened her gifts while laying on the couch. Charlotte helped with her doll bed. She gave a little grin when she saw Saige, but that was pretty much it for her reactions.

DSC08420

Ben and I spent the morning building. He really did most of it, I just helped a little with the plane.

DSC08421

Subs for lunch.

DSC08425

Charlotte cozied up on daddy to watch some Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Rosemary seemed to be doing better over the course of the day. She drank a little throughout the day and ate a little bit of bread and some watermelon.

The next morning, I did a little post-Christmas shopping. When I got home, Rosemary still wasn’t eating or drinking like normal. Our doctor’s office was closed, so I talked to the back-up office nurse and they encouraged us to go to the ER when Rosemary started throwing up again and still wasn’t drinking. So that afternoon, Rosemary and I headed to the Shands Children’s ER. A few hours, a dose of Zofran, two bottles of Gatorade, and many prayers later she was back on track and started brightening up. She was even given a little drawing pad at the hospital for the kids who were there over Christmas.

DSC08459

By Friday morning, Rosemary was herself and eating again. By Friday night, I’d been hit by the stomach bug. Maybe next week we’ll be healthy?

No comments: