Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Titanoboa Surprise Day

One Tuesday in June, the kids and I donned our tye-dyed tshirts (we made them at the beginning of the summer to wear on days that we have special events) and headed out for a surprise. I didn’t tell them what we were doing, just that we were going somewhere in town that day.

As soon as I pulled into the lane to turn onto Hull Road, Rosemary guessed what we were doing. Ben had wanted to go see the Titanoboa exhibit for months and we were finally going.

DSC07448

DSC07450

DSC07451

Here the kids are with a model of the Titanoboa. It’s swallowing an alligator. They think that the original titanoboa was 48 feet long.

DSC07452

After looking through all of the special exhibit area, we hit some of our other favorite spots at the museum.

DSC07453

DSC07463

DSC07460

They really liked this canoe.

DSC07462

After that, we got our lunch and had a little picnic on the tables beside the museum.

DSC07467

DSC07468

DSC07469

DSC07471

We had such a fun morning. I told the kids if felt like we were on vacation. They kind of looked at me funny. But I think they still had a good time. ;-)

No comments: