Last Saturday we got to meet up with one of my closest friends from high school and college. Paul and I met the summer before high school during our summer PE class when we were on the same bowling team. (I remember Paul was actually a decent bowler, I, on the other hand, was not). We were in chorus together all four years of school, but it was really during our junior year that we became good friends. We stayed close during our years at UF and one late night at Firpos over a plate of fried food, we hatched a plan to spend a summer studying abroad in Italy. So we did. I’m pretty sure that if it weren’t for Paul I never would have actually gone.
Thankfully, we’ve managed to stay rather up-to-date on each others lives…mainly through blogging. Paul’s wife, Cristina, blogs regularly about their family adventures too so even though we hadn’t actually all seen each other since Ben was born, it was easy to catch up and talk over dinner. We had a great time. Just wish we could do things like this more often!
The kids enjoyed the playground before we got our table at Satchels.
The boys playing with trucks
Jonathan and Paul holding the youngest ones…Charlotte and Luca
The entire group…with all six kids now! (I stole this photo from Cristina and Paul)
And here we are in Florence, eleven years ago. We ate at a restaurant on the top of this hill overlooking the city at sunset with our study group. We look a tad bit younger (and thinner…and tanner!)
No comments:
Post a Comment