I like crafty-type stuff. Below are a few Christmas crafts and gifts that I had time to make.

Brownie mix.
This was made at the last MOPS group of the semester. I'd never made homemade brownies before and Rosemary was very excited to help. The only thing, when we went to make them, the middle layer of brown sugar had hardened together so I had to stab it repeatedly with a knife just to get the mix out of the jar. The brownies were good, but I'm still a big fan of the triple chocolate chunk where I just have to add some water, oil, and few eggs.

Niece totes and t's
I potato stamped shirts and totes for our nieces on the Peine side. They turned out so girly. We did tractors for the Harris nephews.

Finally, I've been looking at ways to be "greener" around our house and one of the things that I'd read about was using homemade cleaners. First I tried homemade soft scrub. I really like it. It cleans my stainless steel sink better than anything else I've used. Then for fun, I made some laundry soap. It makes a ton (to be exact) so I took some down with me to give to Janice, Michelle, and Elizabeth. It was pretty fun to make.
2 comments:
I wish I was closer to you to learn some of the stuff you are doing...can I move in? It is really cold here...
i need to come and find out how to make all these great things!! fun! you should offer sessions!
Post a Comment